About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Public Safety Commission, APD reach a detente
Discover News By District
Yay! More process talk!
Monday, August 28, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
There’s less than a month left before the second draft and revised maps of CodeNEXT drop on Sept. 15. And, like most things CodeNEXT, that means “more meetings.” Though City Council is also occupied by its Budget Concern, last week Mayor Pro Tem Kathie Tovo urged her colleagues to schedule at least one more meeting before the new documents are out. In a post on the City Council Message Board, Tovo notes that Council has still not gotten into previously agendized topics of “watershed changes” and “process and procedures,” and suggests that it might also be a good idea to look into the staff process for map revision and the procedure for outreach about the revised maps of CodeNEXT.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?