About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Public Safety Commission, APD reach a detente
- Austin light rail gets first approval amid looming Texas legislative threat
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
Discover News By District
Workgroups to combat AIDS start this month
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 by Elizabeth Pagano
Mayor Steve Adler and Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt signed the Paris Declaration to end the AIDS epidemic in June, launching the “Fast-Track Cities Initiative” in the process. Now that initiative is moving forward, in an effort to ensure that in Travis County, by 2020, 90 percent of all people living with HIV will know their HIV status, receive sustained treatment and have an undetectable viral load. The initiative also holds goals to end stigma and establish a 50 percent reduction in new infections. To that end, this month workgroups will be established to begin work on the goals. All meetings will be held at the Rosewood-Zaragosa Neighborhood Center Gym, and information on those meetings and how to sign up is available online here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?