Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Austin makes library cards free to people outside the city
Discover News By District
What’s closed (besides the ‘Monitor’) for Labor Day?
Friday, September 3, 2021 by Tai Moses
City administrative facilities will be closed Monday in observance of the Labor Day holiday. The closures include museums, community recreation centers, senior centers and libraries. However, don’t despair: All five of the city’s year-round pools will be open – Bartholomew, Barton Springs Pool, Big Stacy, Deep Eddy, and Springwoods – as well as Garrison, Mabel Davis and Walnut Creek and any splash pads that are operational. City golf courses will be open as well as Zilker Botanical Garden and the Austin Nature & Science Center, though the latter will not be taking reservations. The Monitor won’t be publishing Monday, but we’ll be back on Tuesday, bright and early!
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?