About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
Discover News By District
Thornton, Claiborne now working for Campbell
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 by Jo Clifton
Two former aides to Council Member Ellen Troxclair have landed jobs in the same legislative office. Brian Thornton, who served as Troxclair’s chief of staff, is now the senior policy adviser for Sen. Donna Campbell, R-New Braunfels. Alice Claiborne, who also worked for Troxclair, has become Campbell’s communications director. Troxclair, of course, worked for state Rep. Jason Isaac, R-Dripping Springs, before running for Council in 2014. Isaac is now a transportation consultant and Troxclair, who retired at the end of 2018, is a lobbyist for the conservative Texas Public Policy Foundation.
Update: Troxclair told the Austin Monitor she is not a “lobbyist,” but a Senior Fellow at the TPPF. It is an important distinction, she noted, because TPPF is a nonprofit think tank prohibited from lobbying. She is continuing to run her real estate brokerage on a full-time basis and only assist the TPPF on property tax issues as needed, she said.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?