About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
Discover News By District
The more you know
Tuesday, August 22, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
As part of our service to you, our readers, the Austin Monitor continues to pore over City Council’s questions about the budget. Today, we examine simple one from Mayor Pro Tem Kathie Tovo’s office, which has a very simple answer. First the question: “Does the FY 2018 Proposed Budget include any programs eliminated to help fund new expenditures or programs?” And, the answer: “Upon review, no departments eliminated any programs to help fund new expenditures or programs in the FY 2018 Proposed Budget.” Carry on.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?