About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
Discover News By District
State of the City coming up
Thursday, August 4, 2022 by Elizabeth Pagano
Mayor Steve Adler will hold his State of the City address at the end of this month. The speech is an opportunity to talk about Austin a lot, and look back at the past year, and usually, forward to the next. Throughout the years, the event has been private, virtual and open to the public. This year, which marks Adler’s final State of the City, the public is welcome to attend. Tickets, which are free, can be reserved for the speech, which will take place Aug. 25 at 5 p.m. at the Long Center for the Performing Arts.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?