About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Stanford now leads AISD communications
Wednesday, April 7, 2021 by Jo Clifton
Jason Stanford has joined the Austin Independent School District as chief of communications and community engagement. Stanford, you may recall, was Mayor Steve Adler’s communications director from November 2015 to May 2018. From there he joined the PR firm Hill Knowlton Strategies, where he has worked for the past three years. He is also the co-author, with Bryan Burrough and Chris Tomlinson, of Forget the Alamo: The Rise and Fall of an American Myth, which is scheduled for publication in June. The book “provocatively explains the true story of the battle against the backdrop of Texas’ struggle for independence, then shows how the sausage of myth got made in the Jim Crow South of the late 19th and early 20th century,” according to publisher Penguin Random House.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?