Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Staff shortage affects bus service
Thursday, September 2, 2021 by Tai Moses
A “persistent staff shortage” is causing delays in operations and “affecting the quality” of Capital Metro bus service, according to a Wednesday announcement from the transit agency. An adjustment in schedules that starts Sunday, Sept. 19, will affect how frequently each route operates. If you’re a bus rider, visit Capital Metro’s website to find out if your route is involved. Capital Metro conveys apologies for its “recent inconsistency” and hopes the changes “will improve your riding experience.” On that theme, the agency is currently recruiting bus drivers. Find out more here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?