About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
Discover News By District
Special Events Ordinance exists
Thursday, January 11, 2018 by Elizabeth Pagano
Oh hey, remember that Special Events Ordinance that was launched by resolution in May 2012? Well, things are really moving now – City Council is (for real) scheduled to consider the ordinance for a final time next month. Before that happens, city staff would like to hear feedback on the proposed ordinance and recommendations. Austinites can offer feedback at a Jan. 16 meeting, which will be held at 6:30 p.m at the Austin Central Library’s special events center, or give feedback online, through Jan. 19.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?