About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
- Austin area has dangerously high levels of air pollution, according to new EPA standards
Discover News By District
SOS to rally against MoPac lanes
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
The Save Our Springs Alliance is planning a rally against the proposed State Highway 45 SW/MoPac loop and double-deck toll lanes over Lady Bird Lake. In a message to its supporters, SOS requested that people gather Saturday to protest the CTRMA’s plan to build four toll lanes on MoPac Boulevard from Cesar Chavez Road south to Slaughter Lane, including a double-deck bridge over Lady Bird Lake and Zilker Park with a flyover next to Austin High School. The SOS website said the plan would expand MoPac to 12 lanes, compared to only eight on I-35. Participants are asked to gather at 10:30 a.m. at the Roberta Crenshaw Pedestrian Bridge along with elected officials and neighborhood, parks and conservation leaders for the rally. For more information, go here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?