About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- New restaurants to pave the way for Stream Realty’s Sixth Street revitalization
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
Discover News By District
Shorter Council meetings: coming soon!
Friday, February 13, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
Thursday’s lengthy City Council meeting gave plenty of time for City Hall regulars to wonder when the new, more efficient meeting structure would be implemented. The answer is: soon. At about 9:00 p.m., during Thursday’s meeting, Mayor Steve Adler said that he understood there would soon be a calendar for scheduling committee meetings. And, said Adler, within the next week the city will be on track to dividing the Council agendas, and having separate meetings for zoning cases and executive session.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?