About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Austin makes library cards free to people outside the city
Discover News By District
Shea draws an opponent in March primary
Thursday, September 30, 2021 by Jo Clifton
Travis County Commissioner Precinct 2 Brigid Shea has served in that position since she was first elected in 2015, and has already indicated that she intends to run again in next March’s Democratic primary. Shea helped found the Save Our Springs Alliance and served one term on Austin City Council. On Wednesday, Bob Libal, a criminal justice and immigration reform advocate, announced that he too would be running for the Precinct 2 seat. Libal is the former executive director of Grassroots Leadership. His main focus appears to be on jails and reforms to incarceration.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?