About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
Discover News By District
Selvera endorses Garza
Thursday, March 12, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
With the Travis County Attorney race headed to a runoff, former candidate Dominic Selvera has thrown his support behind Mayor Pro Tem Delia Garza. Selvera won 7.53 percent of the vote on March 3. Garza, who won 38.91 percent, will face off against Laurie Eiserloh, who won 42.2 percent of the vote and the endorsement of the fourth person in the race, Mike Denton. Selvera explained his support in a Twitter thread:
1/7 When we began our campaign for Travis County Attorney in early 2019, our goal was to bring true criminal justice reform to our community by ending the cash bail system, ending the war on drugs, and decriminalizing homelessness. pic.twitter.com/QEkqmUZrBu
— Dominic Selvera 🌹 (@nicselvera) March 10, 2020
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?