Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- Former city employee abused sick leave policy, audit says
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Judge will see secret personnel file of Austin police officer charged with murder in Mike Ramos shooting death
- Austin is opening a temporary homeless shelter in Southeast Austin
Discover News By District
Second annual [Re]Verse Pitch closes Tuesday
Monday, December 5, 2016 by Nina Hernandez
Help further Austin’s zero-waste goals by attending the city’s second annual [Re]Verse Pitch competition, where local companies come up with ideas for recycling each other’s unwanted items into a new product or service. The business or nonprofit with the best idea wins the $10,000 Innovation Prize. Here’s a taste of some of the proposals: ACL survival bags, Pulp Fashion and hyperlocal tarps. The finals will take place tomorrow at 6 p.m. at Atlassian, 303 Colorado St., and are free and open to the public with RSVP. Find more information at www.reversepitch.org.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?