Most Popular Stories
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
Discover News By District
Save the date: MoPac South open house
Thursday, October 28, 2021 by Tai Moses
The MoPac South Environmental Study was initiated by the Mobility Authority and TxDOT back in 2013, and held its last open house in 2015. Now community members are encouraged to participate in a public comment period and concurrent virtual open house in an effort to find “a solution that improves safety and mobility for drivers, transit riders, bicyclists and pedestrians in a manner that promotes environmental stewardship and sustainability.” The open house runs from Nov. 22-Jan. 7. Sign up to receive updates on next steps.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?