Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
Restaurant needed to fill remodeled Republic Square
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
The Downtown Austin Alliance is looking for a restaurant to take over space in the revitalized Republic Square this fall. The project aims to re-create the aging square as a community gathering space and will host a farmers market, seasonal film screenings and a counter-service restaurant – one of the most important components in creating the bustling meeting spot envisioned by stakeholders. The DAA points out that cities and restaurants across the country have benefited from similar arrangements, such as the Shake Shack in New York City’s Madison Square Park. Applications, which will be handled by real estate agency CBRE, will be accepted through Feb. 10 and should be sent to Eric DeJernett, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?