About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Austin makes library cards free to people outside the city
Discover News By District
Remember Remembering Leslie?
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
It’s been years in the making, but an Oct. 5 memo indicates that a statue honoring Leslie Cochran might soon become a reality. Bob Coffee’s artwork, entitled “Leslie Memorial” will be a 60″ x 32″ x 55″ statue of Leslie, who passed away in 2012, sitting on a bench on the northwest corner of Sixth Street and Congress Avenue. If you are interested in the long list of city commission and staff approvals, which began in August 2015 and concluded in February, you can read the memo online while waiting for the statue to be installed.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?