Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Redbud lane closures begin this week
Monday, January 25, 2021 by Tai Moses
The city is conducting geotechnical studies as part of its preliminary report for the Redbud Trail Bridge roadway and bridge project. According to the city, “The work will provide important design information for future bridge foundations.” During the study, lanes will be closed near the Redbud Trail Bridge for three weeks, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on weekdays. (Red Bud Isle Park will still be accessible.) The road closure will occur in three phases: Lane closures from Lake Austin Boulevard to Red Bud Isle Park, Jan. 25-29; westbound lane closure from Red Bud Isle to Stratford Lane, Feb. 1-5; and shoulder closure and lane shift near Stratford Lane, Feb. 8-11. Find more details at the project website.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?