Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
Plan ahead to avoid DUI
Tuesday, September 28, 2021 by Tai Moses
With Austin soon to be engulfed in ACL Fest, the Austin Police Department is launching a round of No-Refusal, “an enforcement strategy that allows jurisdictions to obtain search warrants for blood samples from suspected impaired drivers who refuse breath or blood tests,” according to the city. What that boils down to is, don’t drink and drive. If you’re planning on drinking, find a safe option to get to and from wherever you’re going that doesn’t involve getting behind the wheel of a car or a bike. As the city points out, there are more travel options than ever before, but you have to plan ahead. The No-Refusal program will be in effect for the first 10 days of October, from the beginning of ACL Fest weekend one to the end of weekend two.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?