Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Public Safety Commission, APD reach a detente
Discover News By District
People’s Gallery 2017 open to applicants
Friday, August 26, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
Visitors to City Hall know that part of its charm is the People’s Gallery, an annually changing showcase of regional artists’ work in a variety of media. Well, it’s that time of year when artists – as well as galleries, museums and arts organizations – are invited to apply to be part of the exhibit’s next incarnation. For the 2017 People’s Gallery, applicants from Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson counties are welcome to submit as many as five pieces of artwork to be considered for the showcase. The deadline is Friday, Oct. 14, 11:59 p.m. More information is available here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?