About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- City nixes $2M McKinsey homelessness study, signaling poor cooperation among partners
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
Passes soon available, parking soon limited at Barton Springs
Tuesday, February 6, 2024 by Elizabeth Pagano
The sun is out and swim season is upon us, according to the Aquatic Division of the city’s parks department. Season swim passes go on sale on Feb. 12, ahead of a March 9 reinstatement of entry fees at pools for the season. While swim passes do include a parking pass, this year’s swim season will be complicated by the Barton Springs bathhouse rehabilitation, which will remove parking on the north side of Barton Springs Pool. In addition, William Barton Drive will be limited to emergency and construction vehicles and those needing accessible parking. The parking squeeze will be in effect from Feb. 15 until spring of 2025. Barton Springs will be closed altogether from Feb. 24 through March 8 for normal maintenance.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?