Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
Discover News By District
PARD holds meeting about Oakwood Chapel
Thursday, March 21, 2019 by Tai Moses
The Austin Parks and Recreation Department invites the public to participate in a community discussion about future programming at the recently reopened Oakwood Cemetery Chapel, a city historic landmark in Oakwood Cemetery. The chapel, which was built in 1914 and completely restored in 2018, serves as a visitors’ center for the cemetery, Austin’s oldest municipal burial ground. The community meeting will take place Wednesday, April 17, from 5-7 p.m at 1601 Navasota St. You may also offer your feedback online here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?