Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
- Austin area has dangerously high levels of air pollution, according to new EPA standards
Discover News By District
Online exhibit invites viewers ‘To Remember’
Thursday, January 28, 2021 by Tai Moses
“Grief, loss and love across cultures” are the interlaced themes of an online exhibit from Oakwood Cemetery Chapel featuring photography, video, oral history, news articles, and digital maps. The exhibit, titled “To Remember,” is designed to be a showcase for “different forms of remembrance including burial and funeral practices, memorial anniversaries, cemetery maps, and genealogy research.” Open from now until March 31. View the exhibit.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?