Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- New restaurants to pave the way for Stream Realty’s Sixth Street revitalization
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
Discover News By District
Oh, so TravCo is a no-go
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 by Caleb Pritchard
Even the most casual Austin Monitor readers will observe that today’s edition is short on the weekly Travis County Commissioners Court TipSheet. Beloved audience, this was no oversight on our part. Due to County Judge Sarah Eckhardt’s continuing overseas vacation, the court is taking the week off. That means no public communications, no proclamations, no consent agenda, no action items and no executive session. The silver lining is that after last week’s altogether brief meeting helmed by Commissioner Margaret Gómez, county business should be pretty well backed up, which means next week’s agenda could be a doozy.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?