Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
Discover News By District
Offer feedback on I-35 design
Tuesday, March 29, 2022 by Tai Moses
The Texas Department of Transportation is holding a series of community meetings to solicit feedback about the $4.9 billion redesign of Interstate 35 through Central Austin, called the Capital Express Central project. The next meeting focuses on “options for widened bridges over the highway as well as bicycle and pedestrian bridges and intersection options at Airport Boulevard and Riverside Drive.” The meeting – the first since TxDOT made some significant design changes in response to feedback from city officials and community members – promises to be a vigorous exchange of ideas and opinions. Tuesday, April 12, 4-6 p.m., Huston-Tillotson University’s Davage-Durden Student Union. RSVP here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?