Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- ABOR report highlights striking disparities in housing affordability
- As Austin grows, real estate leaders look at state of city’s character, reputation
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
Discover News By District
Norman-Sims celebrates grand opening
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 by Tai Moses
Tomorrow is a big day for Norman-Sims Elementary School – it’s the long-awaited (virtual) grand opening of the new modernized campus. Principal Wendy Mills and AISD Superintendent Stephanie Elizalde invite the entire community to celebrate via Zoom webinar or watch live on AISD’s Facebook page. According to the news release, a host of improvements to the campus “will allow students to be active learners in 21st-century educational spaces. They will use technology and learn collaboratively in the newly designed classrooms.” Mills called the virtual event, which includes a student reenactment of the school’s namesakes, a tour and a ribbon-cutting, “the next step in a bold new beginning for both the school and our community.” Thursday, Feb. 11, 10:30 a.m. RSVP here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?