About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
No SCUBA certification necessary
Friday, January 23, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
Thursday, Chief of Staff Ray Baray sent out a “save the date” memo that laid out a rather extensive itinerary of so-called “policy deep-dives” for the new City Council. The sessions will last from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. and are scheduled for Feb. 2, 3, 5, 9, 17, 19 and 23, with the option of an additional March 2 meeting, if needed. Additionally, a Council-staff “retreat” is being planned for March 6 and 7. That retreat will, according to the memo, “allow Council an opportunity to debrief on these sessions and hold additional discussions.” The proposed informational sessions were detailed in a previous Monitor article, which can be found here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?