Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Barton Springs bridge gets new rules
Discover News By District
NHCD operations go remote
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 by Tai Moses
The Neighborhood Housing and Community Development Department joins other city departments this week in modifying its practices in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. NHCD staff will be now be working remotely at least until Monday, March 30. Despite the closure of its physical office, department business will proceed as usual. According to a city press release, “Clients are encouraged to continue to engage NHCD staff by phone or electronically; materials or documentation that cannot be submitted electronically should be sent via regular postal mail (Street Jones Building, 1000 East 11th Street), as staff are not in the office to receive documents in person.” Contact the department at (512) 974-3100 or email NHCD@austintexas.gov for more information.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?