Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Deep Eddy: You’re not shallow
Monday, October 11, 2021 by Tai Moses
Those who enjoy splashing around in the shallow end of Deep Eddy Pool may take this news hard: Due to a mechanical problem with a well pump, the shallow end of the pool will be closed for the remainder of the year. The pool will also need to be closed three days a week because, with a broken pump, it takes longer to fill the pool. The parks department’s Aquatics Division is working hard to repair the pump so that normal winter operating hours may resume. In the meantime, swimmers can still make a splash in the shallow ends of Barton Springs, Bartholomew, Big Stacy and Springwoods pools.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?