About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
Discover News By District
MF-6 density bonus shuttled to CodeNEXT
Friday, May 20, 2016 by Elizabeth Pagano
Though it was largely her brainchild, Mayor Pro Tem Kathie Tovo led the charge to push a proposed Multi Family-6 density bonus to the CodeNEXT process after acknowledging that her proposal and staff’s recommendation were different enough that she no longer supported it without significant amendments. Despite the item being unanimously denied fairly quickly, Mayor Steve Adler took a moment to “memorialize” the short-lived amendment, which did manage to bring the Austin Neighborhoods Council and the Real Estate Council of Austin together.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?