Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
Discover News By District
Mayor’s Book Club to feature Stephen Harrigan
Thursday, April 21, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
The Mayor’s Book Club – hosted annually by Mayor Steve Adler, the Austin Public Library Friends Foundation and the Austin Public Library – is back with a series of events tied to this year’s selected book, A Friend of Mr. Lincoln, by Austin-based writer Stephen Harrigan. Events kick off on Saturday, April 30, with a session on writing historical fiction. It runs from 1:30 to 3 p.m. and takes place at the Twin Oaks Branch library, 1800 S. Fifth St. Other events to come include a screening of the movie Lincoln, a panel discussion on how different presidents have shaped the office, and a reading and Q&A with Harrigan himself. Details are available here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?