About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
Discover News By District
Matthews moving on
Wednesday, January 23, 2019 by Jo Clifton
Doug Matthews, who has been director of the city’s Communications and Public Information Office for the past 10 years, will be leaving the city at the end of January. According to a memo from City Manager Spencer Cronk, Jessica King will serve as interim director for the department starting on Feb. 4. Cronk’s memo says he is working with Human Resources to get the job posted as soon as possible. Prior to coming to Austin, Matthews was public communications director for the city of Clearwater, Florida. Matthews told the Austin Monitor he is considering a number of possibilities but has not made any final decisions on his next move.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?