About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Public Safety Commission, APD reach a detente
- Austin light rail gets first approval amid looming Texas legislative threat
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
Discover News By District
So many meetings, so much time
Monday, December 11, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
This week will be a busy one for local government watchers, with two specially called meetings in addition to the jam-packed regular City Council meeting on Thursday. On Tuesday night, the city will hold a town hall meeting with the two city manager finalists at the Austin Convention Center. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the event will take place from 7 until 9 p.m. The town hall will feature a moderated Q&A session, with the opportunity for audience members to ask questions. That meeting will be broadcast live on Channel 6 and Facebook, and Austinites will be able to weigh in on the candidates after the meeting through a survey. Then, on Wednesday, Council will hold a meeting to hear public testimony and take up the Austin Police Department contracts. That meeting will take place at City Hall and is scheduled to start at 3 p.m.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?