About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
Discover News By District
Mabel Davis Pool opens
Friday, July 6, 2018 by Elizabeth Pagano
In good news for southern swimmers, Mabel Davis Municipal Pool is now open. The pool was closed after it was discovered that it had “significant water loss issues,” according to a press release from the city. According to that same release, the parks department has now completed repairs “which have significantly reduced the volume of water being lost,” adding, “It’s important to note that previous repair projects have worked to address water loss at Mabel Davis.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?