Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
Discover News By District
Low temps trigger cold weather shelters
Wednesday, December 18, 2019 by Tai Moses
The mercury is dropping, with nighttime temperatures expected to dip into the low 30s, and that means the city’s cold weather shelters have been activated. Single adult men and women may go to the Austin Resource Center for the Homeless by 5:15 p.m to get overnight shelter. Families may report to the Salvation Army on East Eighth Street by 8 p.m. More information is available from the shelter hotline at (512) 305-4233.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?