Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
Longhorn Dam bridge improvements begin soon
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 by Tai Moses
The Austin Transportation Department is set to begin work this month on interim improvements to the Longhorn Dam bridge. The construction, taking place on South Pleasant Valley Road (Cesar Chavez Street to Elmont Drive), will “reconfigure the street space over the bridge to a single northbound traffic lane and two southbound lanes between the south Krieg Field entrance and Canterbury Street, with multiple new dedicated left turn lanes.” According to the department’s announcement, “The changes will provide better separation between people driving and people walking and riding bikes on South Pleasant Valley Road” and will “provide significant near-term safety benefits as substantial design work begins on the new ‘wishbone’ bicycle and pedestrian bridge over Lady Bird Lake.” To find out more details about the project, view a map of the project design.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?