About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Monday, February 20, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
We might be taking it easy today, but the truth is that no one really knows how to celebrate Presidents Day. Taking advantage of that fact today is Conversation Corps, which will be using the day to host a series of conversations across the city. Today’s “Day of Dialogue” will take place from 7 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. and cover such things as transportation, CodeNEXT, journalism and the Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Project Connect. Check out the map below for a conversation nearby, or head over to the Conversation Corps website for more details.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?