Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
Discover News By District
Late start for AISD today
Monday, August 28, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
Due to the due to the bad weather caused by Hurricane Harvey, the Austin Independent School District announced yesterday a two-hour late start for its classes, buses and other facilities. According to the press release, students and staff late due to the weather will be excused. Follow AISD on Twitter for the latest, or call the district’s Transportation Department at 512-414-0238 with any other questions. Additionally, Austin Community College facilities will open at 10 a.m.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?