Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
June passenger traffic up at Austin airport
Monday, August 14, 2023 by Eric Webb
According to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, 2,009,373 passengers took to the skies in June. That put passenger traffic growth up 1.19 percent compared to the same month last year, according to a news release.
A few more June stats about planes and the people and things that fly in them:
- Southwest Airlines accounted for the most passengers: 761,649, up 1.8 percent from 2022. American Airlines (475,007, down 6.3 percent) and Delta Air Lines (250,741, up 7.3 percent) rounded out the top three.
- Air cargo in June totaled 21,769,372 pounds, which was down 16.64 percent compared to June 2022.
- Total passenger traffic at the Austin airport from January to June was 10,748,273, which is up 7.53 percent compared to the same period last year.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?