About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Jackson Avenue section closed this week
Monday, October 5, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
From Oct. 8 until Oct. 11, Jackson Avenue will be closed between West 39th and West 40th streets. According to a city press release, the closure will allow crews to work on the MoPac 42-inch Water Transmission Main Project. “During the street closure, northbound Jackson Avenue traffic will be detoured east on West 39th Street, north on Oakmont Boulevard, west on West 40th Street, and back to northbound Jackson Avenue. Southbound Jackson Avenue traffic will be detoured east on West 40th Street, south on Oakmont Boulevard, west on West 39th Street, and back to southbound Jackson Avenue. … The City’s subcontractor will maintain driveway access at all times to the affected property owners. Please follow all work zone traffic signs, cones and flaggers to help direct you. Drivers are encouraged to use caution while traveling around the work zone.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?