Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Intersection gets a safety upgrade
Tuesday, March 15, 2022 by Tai Moses
Better days are coming to the intersection at Cameron Road and Ferguson Lane, thanks to the 2018 mobility bond, which is funding the improvements. Austinites who regularly pass through the intersection, whether by car, bicycle or on foot, have much to look forward to. The Transportation Department has several proposed improvements in the works, including new ADA-compliant ramps, high-visibility pedestrian crossing striping, modified lanes for eastbound traffic, and modified signal timing and new signage. Last but not least, modified median extensions on Cameron Road will create the space for a new north-side pedestrian crossing and permit motorists to make safer turns.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?