About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
Discover News By District
Hurry up! “Austin Don’t Rush” Day is almost here
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 by Elizabeth Pagano
As part of the grand festivities surrounding the newly declared “Austin Don’t Rush” Day, Capital Metro will be offering free rides on Wednesday, May 11. The day (also known as “Mayor Adler’s Commuter Challenge”) is intended to be a day for Austinites to get out of their cars and explore alternate ways of getting around — like biking, walking and using public transportation. The idea is to get the city to think about how they contribute to traffic and how they might change the way they get around in the future. And now Cap Metro is giving you space to do that thinking — on all of its services, which will be running enhanced services for the day.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?