About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
Discover News By District
- City employees to protest telework policy Thursday
- AFSCME objects to Garza’s return-to-work plan
- Groups gather forces to protest dairy plant redevelopment
- If you’re interested in adopting a dog or a cat, the ongoing “300 Homes” adoption promotion is the time to do it
- Celebrate Marriage Equality by getting hitched
Community Engagement Opportunity
How to register for Monday’s public safety meeting
Friday, April 21, 2023 by Elizabeth Pagano
Next week, City Council’s Public Safety Committee will meet to address the possibility of a new license plate reader contract, among other things. Though the meeting is likely to attract public speakers, the system used to register speakers will be down for maintenance this weekend, prior to the Monday meeting. In an effort to make up for this, registration at kiosks in City Hall will remain open through 5 p.m. today (April 21). Speakers can also register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, phone number, email address, the item number they will be speaking on, and whether they will be speaking in person or remotely. The full agenda for the meeting, which will be held on Monday, April 24, at 2 p.m., can be found here. The committee will convene again May 22 for a special called meeting to discuss the city’s partnership with the Department of Public Safety.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?