Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Housing and Planning gets new assistant director
Tuesday, July 6, 2021 by Tai Moses
Cupid S. Alexander will start his new position as assistant director of Austin’s Housing and Planning Department in early August. According to a news release from the city, Alexander “will oversee programming and policy implementation related to the department’s inclusive planning and displacement prevention initiatives.” At his current job, as division director of Neighborhoods, Housing and Human Services in Spokane, Washington, he “oversees a staff of 40 with five direct reports. His leadership and areas of expertise include community development; strategic planning; and program oversight to address numerous community services and projects to help improve life outcomes” in Spokane. Prior to that, he “designed and implemented public policy platforms and strategies regarding housing, economic development and community engagement on behalf of the Office of the Mayor and the city of Portland.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?