Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Austin makes library cards free to people outside the city
Discover News By District
Holiday pool hours in effect
Monday, July 2, 2018 by Nora Ankrum
Thanks to the Fourth of July, city swimming facilities that would otherwise close for maintenance this week will remain open, with the exception of Barton Springs Pool, which will be closed Thursday, July 5. For all other pool facilities, regularly scheduled maintenance will be postponed for the week. Holiday hours do go into effect on Wednesday, July 4, which means that for one day, most pools will be open only from noon to 7 p.m. Exclusions apply to some facilities, including Barton Springs Pool, Deep Eddy Pool and Bartholomew Pool, which will maintain their usual weekday hours on Wednesday. Specifics on each pool’s holiday schedule can be found here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?