About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Help from the feds?
Tuesday, January 29, 2019 by Elizabeth Pagano
The city of Austin is developing its five-year federal funding plan and is looking for input. Specifically, the city has an online survey that asks residents to weigh in on programs for affordable housing, job creation and public service for area families, those with disabilities, seniors and youth. To weigh in on the $11 million or so that is awarded annually through Housing and Urban Development grants, take the survey now.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?