Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
Discover News By District
Help AISD hire an equity officer
Thursday, March 28, 2019 by Tai Moses
The Austin school district is searching for an equity officer to ensure that all students receive equitable opportunities during their school careers. The district wants the public’s help in finding the perfect person for the job. AISD families, staff and interested community members are invited to attend one of two public meetings to help the district brainstorm the ideal characteristics and qualities for the new hire. The information will be used to create a candidate profile to screen candidates for the position. AISD hopes to make the hire by the end of June. The first meeting is on Tuesday, April 2, 6-7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria at Barbara Jordan Elementary School, 6711 Johnny Morris Road. The second meeting is Tuesday, April 9, 6-7:30 p.m. at Travis Early College High School, 1211 E. Oltorf St. If you can’t make it to a meeting, you may offer your feedback online.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?