Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
Discover News By District
Give input on Zilker plan
Monday, August 9, 2021 by Tai Moses
Community members are invited to attend the second virtual community meeting the parks department is holding for the Zilker Park Vision Plan. The meeting will focus on “potential programs for the park, including enhancements, amenities, activities, events, traffic, and parking, to generate ideas for the park’s future.” Gregory Montes, PARD program manager, explained, “Zilker plays host to hundreds of programs, events, and functions each year, and thousands of Austinites and outside visitors participate in these many activities. It’s crucial that the public weigh in on future programs and events so we can balance these efforts with the goals to preserve natural and cultural resources and ensure a safe, inclusive environment throughout the park’s 350 acres.” Tuesday, Aug. 10, 6-7:30 p.m. The meeting (the second of five) will be hosted on Zoom and Facebook Live. Those who are unable to attend may share their experiences and stories on Zilker Park Vision Plan’s SpeakUp Austin page.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?