Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
Discover News By District
Get to know your wild neighbors
Monday, November 9, 2020 by Tai Moses
Central Texas isn’t just an appealing place for humans; a wide array of wild creatures also calls it home. Balcones Canyonlands Preserve has invited Kelly Simon, an urban wildlife biologist with Texas Parks and Wildlife, to give a webinar talk titled “Animals of the Wildland-Urban Interface.” In addition to describing the rich diversity of urban wildlife, Simon will reveal how we can create more welcoming habitat for other critters and how different species contribute to a healthy, functioning ecosystem. Friday, Nov. 20, noon-1 p.m. Register to attend here. If you can’t attend the online event, a recording of the webinar will be posted on the Austin Water Wildland Conservation Facebook page and YouTube channel afterward.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?