Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Get some answers at property tax forum
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 by Tai Moses
Confused about your property taxes? Who wouldn’t be? Natasha Harper-Madison and Pio Renteria are here to offer you some help. The two Council members will be moderating a town hall-style panel on property taxes featuring Travis County Tax Assessor Bruce Elfant and Travis County Chief Appraiser Marya Crigler. The four will do their best to answer all of your questions about property tax exemptions, how to protest your taxes, the appraisal process, keeping property in the family, payment options, and more. Admission is free and refreshments will be served. The event is this Saturday, May 4, from 1-3 p.m., at the Conley-Guerrero Senior Activity Center, 808 Nile St.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?